When you dye your own hair do wash it that day or do you dye your hair one or two days not washing it?

Which would the color stick better? recently washed or not washed for two days.
Thank you ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I have been dying my hair black for many years now. I heard that it was best to dye it the day after you wash (like one day dirty), it should not be too clean or too dirty because the conditioning from just washing will deflect the color and the oil from not washing will do the same. And afterwards I personally wait at least 2 days or 3, jus so I know the color is really setting in well and I always use a color safe shampoo and conditioner. I started using Garnier Fructis for colored hair a couple years ago and I LOVE the way it smells and always get compliments on the way it smells from guys too. I cannot stand any type of fruity or flowery smells in a shampoo/conditioner combo. Personally I prefer "clean" types of smells, flowery and fruity always seem so fake to me like you are trying too hard or something. But that's just my opinion!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:07 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• The next day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I always wash it the same day but that is because I hate the smell of the dye being on my hair.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 5:43 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I wash one day, color the next, and don't wash for another couple of days after. It's how I was told to do it by a pro, and it's always worked. I do it the same whether I have it done in a salon or I do it myself.
    Anonymous