How often do you bathe your school aged kids?

They pretty much stay inside the house the whole week (or all the time) When they really get all dirty and sweaty of course they get bathed.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Feb. 14, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• When they need it. In winter not as often as in the summer, not only do they not get as dirty, but they get dry skin more often in winter too. But there's no set amount of times I make them have a bath or shower. My 11 yo likes to shower pretty much every morning, but my 7 yo will wait until I tell him he needs one. Usually every 3 or 4 days I guess.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:23 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Honestly, almost everyday. I know for myself that I don't like going a day without taking a shower, so I try to do the same for my kids. Sometimes I'll skip a day:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• My girls are older and shower every day. My son is 5 and showers once a week in the winter and daily in the summer. In the winter he just does not get dirty and with the air being so dry I don't he needs it more then that. If I had him shower daily in the winter his skin would get dried out. Since he is a boy, he feels "lotion is for girls", lol, that's what happens when your a boy and you have 4 sisters.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• my daughter is 5, and she has a shower/bath every day..always has since the day she came home from the hospital!!! theres maybe been 5-6 times that i didnt bath her at night, like if she was sick, or i was sick.....but i did as soon as we woke up..and then she got another one that night to get back on the schedule! i couldnt go a day without a shower, so why should she?? so what if she doesnt get "dirty" its still a nice feeling to feel clean..i couldnt imagine her or anyone for that matter going 3-4-5 days without one..EWWWWWW!! that just disgusts me. and i dont mean to offend anyone..thats just my opinion!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:39 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• everyday most of the time, and my kids are 6 and almost 8...
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 3:23 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Every day of course. Best time is before bedtime....it does relax them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• My kids gets a bath every night before bed and they are 3 and 1 years old. The only time they don't get a shower is if we are out late and they are asleep when we get home which is not often maybe once every 2 or 3 months or so. My kids stay inside and don't really get to dirty, but even if they don't look dirty they still need a bath exspecially to keep their bottom area clean. Both my husband and I shower everyday so why not be the same for our kids plus it teaches them to be clean as they get older.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 5:38 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Every night before bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Every day, after dinner. I found when they were babies they would sleep better if they bathed in the evening so I started doing it every day as part of the going-to-bed routine. Even now (they are teens) they will have a bath (they prefer a bath) or a shower after dinner. It makes them feel fresh and clean and they sleep better for it. Also, it saves time in the morning if they don't need to shower before getting ready for school, just up, into uniforms and on to breakfast.

We live in Australia - very hot over summer, mild temperatures during winter so the issue of bathing when it's really cold is a non-issue.
    Manth

Answer by Manth at 8:16 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• When they were 5-6 every other night unless they were dirty or sweaty. Now that they can bathe themselves independently, it's every night.

Answer by missanc at 9:32 AM on Feb. 14, 2010