BED BUGS!?!?!?! Help pleaseeee!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ!!! SORRY IF ITS LONG!! I NEED HELP!!!

Ok, so every time I have a question about ANYTHING I come to Cafe Mom and always get an answer/solution....
Well the past 2 nights I've woke up soooo itchy. And then little welts appear (im going to try to attach a picture of them). They are on my arms, head, neck, stomach, and a few on my legs.

I've seen a show on tv about bed bugs before, a while ago, so this morning I looked it up online. And all the pix I saw looked VERY similar to what I have.
So pretty much, Im FREAKING OUT!!!! First off, the thought of bugs "feeding on me" is NASTY.... And I'm already on meds to calm me down cause ever since I had my daughter I tend to (not sure if these are the right words) exaggerate and freak out over little things.

To me, this is a BIG deal. Not to my husband tho. Im wanting to stay at a hotel but he has "good feeling" that this will just disappear.
All I read onli

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Feb. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• lol I just saw your thread in a group that says the same thing. Anyways, I would give the uv light a try that someone had suggested. I'm sorry you're going through this. I would be freaked out too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• The thought of bedbugs really freeks me out, I love that show "Verminators", and they often have cases of bedbugs on there and they are highly susceptible to spreading too. If you have the money, I highly advise you call an exterminator or at least get an inspection. They have a dog on the show that specifically goes into peoples homes and sniffs out bedbugs, I would be requesting a dog like that if I were you!! There must be more than one bedbug sniffing dog on the planet!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:27 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Don't go to a hotel, then you just spread it to someone else. They will travel with you. They always have those 20/20 shows on bed bugs LOL

Go online and google on how to solve the problem. Possibly call some place like Terminex ? I am not sure. Just follow the steps which will probably involve a lot....carpets, bed, clothing, furniture etc...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Thanks so much for everyone's help! I will definitely let you know how things turn out!! I really apprec8ate everyone's help!!!!! Thanks!!!
    woozypeduzzi

Answer by woozypeduzzi at 3:34 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• My hubby has a bunch of friends at the local pest control company, they will tell you once you bring them in your home, they will get into all of the soft material, mattress, bedding, carpet, pillows, take your bedding off, wash in hot water with bleach if possible, flip the mattress is possible, take down the box springs and clean the area under the bed, check for holes in both the mattress and box springs, if you find them, they are definately in there and your best option is buying a new one, if not, wipe them down and check all the corners of the bed structure for collections of them, wipe down the bed frame and box springs and baseboards with clorox or lysol wipes, vaccuum twice a day and throw away the bags, and if the problem isn't gone within 5 days call someone in to treat because that means that they have infested beyond easily fixed measures.
    Brittanytwins

Answer by Brittanytwins at 4:41 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• i also seemn a tv show about them bed bugs, they can travle with u to hotle rooms on ur clothes and luggage. only way to get rid of them is a bug inpecter and they use h2c frozzen stuff to kill them.is ur hubby getting bit too?take ur sheets off wash them and vacum ur bed spray disinfectent on it
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:47 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• they sell something for bedbugs. buy it. buy lots of it. get rid of the mattress if they are all over it. i got rid of mine. vacuumed for days and sprayed for days. it was crazy. it happened with my grandma's apartment too. i had no idea what it was until it was way far gone. because they would go away temporily and come back even worse. clean everything. i mean every dark place in ur house. it has to be inspected big time. Spring cleaning early. good luck
    Anonymous

• dont you wash your bedding? if you would wash your bedding you would not have bed bugs
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 4:51 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• If they are bedbugs, they will NOT disappear any time soon!

There are a bunch of pics and info about bed bug bites at http://www.bedbug.com/Page-Gallery---Bed-Bug-Bites_118.aspx

If that is what you have, trust me and get an exterminator sooner rather than later!
    StacyandKids

Answer by StacyandKids at 9:34 AM on Jun. 7, 2010