Child support/Help

I just recently discovered that I haven't recieved a cs payment in 3 weeks. When I confronted him he stated he's laid off for a while...What should i do? I used that money (all of it) to help pay for daycare! w/o it I'm in a finacal hole! i'm not sure if I will be able to apply for help with daycare (there rules are ify) do I call foc and report that?

mommy2be402

Asked by mommy2be402 at 8:47 AM on Feb. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• If he's laid off, couldn't he watch the kids when you need, then you wouldn't have to worry about the daycare expenses?
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:47 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I just found out and boooy was I irrate! I get up at 6am for work and he knew that..hasn't changed..and not once has he ever offered to take them to school which is only (2 min away) instead gets them out in this cold ass weather and brings them home at 6am. theres alot more going on but didn't want to type a book lol ...so just need the general question answered. lets just say he's (p whipped and his gf has caused alot of problems.)
    mommy2be402

Answer by mommy2be402 at 9:52 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• go to welfare and get cash assitance
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:42 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• i would try the daycare assitance and see if u qualify. its so useful and then when he gets a job again u can just call and say u don;t need it any more. or like the other postedrsaid go to cash assitance until he gets a job. no harm in asking.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 2:01 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• He should be getting unemployment so that should help a little. He still has to pay cs but the amount could be lowered for him while he's out of work. I always tell women not to depend on cs. You never know when this will happen. I'd apply for help with day care.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:00 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• CS should be taken right out of his unemp. check - although that may take a bit to process.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 3:26 PM on Feb. 14, 2010