Major parental delimma!!! Need serious advice! ASAP!

ok, long story short, dh and I had some issues, we've separated, been working on our relationship since Nov. of last year. Where we live jobs are scarce, the job he could get only paid 12/hr and I still couldn't find a job. No way to take care of a family of 4 on that salary especially only working 3 days a week. So DH went back to our home state to find work, found work and now he wants to move back and so do I. Problem is, my family can't stand him, they don't want us together. I currently stay w/ my mother and grandmother But it's my grandmother's house and I can tell she's getting sick of me and my girls being here. But mother doesn't want me to leave or be w/ him. I haven't told her yet that we are definitely leaving and I'm scared of her reaction. How do I tell her w/o getting severe backlash (yelling, screaming, crying, etc)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• You gotta remember this is your life... you have to do what is best for you and your family. You know what went on in your relationship and why it hasn't worked out for you and if moving will keep you together and happy, I say go for it. Just talk to your family, make sure you listen closely to their reasoning because they are not there to hurt you, they are there to help. If I would have listened to my family everytime they told me to walk away, that he isn't good for you, I wouldn't have waisted so many years on losers. I wish you the best of luck... I hope this move works out for you and your DH... Good Luck.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 9:47 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• btw, no he did not abuse me, we just had some marital problems
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Well, I hate to say this. B/c its an unpopular answer. But sometimes those people who love us the most, see things that we can not see while we are in the relationship. I would sit back and ask myself WHY it is that my mother REALLY does not want me with him. does she have valid reasons?

If not, then you are an adult with kids. You have the right to do whatever you feel is right for your kids. So do it....tell her
    "I love you mom, but I have to do what my HEART tells me to do"

And then live with your decision. ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Why doesn't your mother like him? Does she have a good reason for not liking him?
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 10:37 AM on Feb. 14, 2010