Babies and Strawberries (The Fruit)

I have a 9 month old daughter and she LOVES to eat strawberries. Is it ok that she is eating the seeds or will it hurt her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Strawberries I think actually are one of the foods on the list of potential "allergy trigger foods" to avoid before 1, but since she's already had them, no reason to worry. My son had them before he was 1 also and they were a definite favorite, before we tried blueberries! The seeds never bothered him, they're so tiny.

Answer by missanc at 9:27 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Awesome! Yea, I knew it was one of the allergy triggers, so I tried the banana strawberry baby food first a few times...nothing happened. Then I gave her a real strawberry and she didnt seem to have a reaction. Tried again a few days later, and POOF, they were her new favorite foods!!! I will def wait on eggs, milk, and peanut butter until after she is 1. What other foods did you give him before 1? She is sooo interested in grown up foods. Ive given her bread, grilled chicken breast and frozen veggies, and different fruits. She has 4 teeth. I will still give her her babyfood but if she is still hungry, I will give her grown up food.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• She doesn't need "babyfood" at all. That's just a marketing ploy to sell a product. Just give her the same foods you eat. Focus on fruits an veggies but really anything.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:45 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• as long as she isn't having any reactions it is fine. but try to avoid any seeded or nut foods until they are at least one. but if she likes them than go for it!
    your the mom= you know best for your child!
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 10:57 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• seeds not a problem at all.. but if u thk she is on the verge of falling sick avoid strawberries (for that matter pineapple and guava too)
    happymum2010

Answer by happymum2010 at 12:14 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• At 8 months I started giving my son whatever we were eating for supper, with minor modifications (like if we were having tacos I would just melt a little cheese with some diced tomato in a soft shell) but it got him used to a wide variety of foods and now at 15 months he'll eat anything! Different fruits are always a big hit and he's had every kind of fruit I'm familiar with in our grocery store, and one or two that I wasn't.

Answer by missanc at 5:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Thats awesome. So tomatoes arent bad to give her now because of the acidity? I will def be giving her more new foods now...she has totally stopped eating baby cereal and hates babyfood unless it is stage 3 because she likes to chew her food.
    Allie120

Answer by Allie120 at 6:46 PM on Feb. 14, 2010