A Cop Car Showing Regligion?

I was slightly shocked on friday when I was out and about. I saw a State Trooper car with a Darwin Fish on the back of it. I have to admit I was very supprised and had to look again. Sure enough there it was. It made me wonder what others think when they see this or if they even think on things like this being on a cop car.

So if you saw this what would your reponce be? Or would you even think anything about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wouldnt think anything about it..NOT every one agrees with religion and they get tv channels and radio shows and clothing..I think nothing when i see those things also...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I would by a dictionary
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• No I wouldnt think about it really. Why does everyone get so freaked out by stuff?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Who pays their salary? Are they a local Government agency? Then they shouldn't be displaying religious symbols on their police vehicles! What is the purpose of it? To get attention? To show off? I feel that if you're secure in your beliefs, there is no need to display it in that way.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:44 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• And how is a Darwin fish religious exactly? If it was a Jesus fish, then it would be religious. What religion does Darwin have to do with again?
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:45 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• If people who didnt like it wouldnt pay it any attention then it wouldnt be a big deal. When they ruffle your feathers IhartU...then they obviously made their point.

Showing your belief is not necessary, but at the same time, not unnecessary either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I just think it's wrong to see my TAX dollars used in a religious way. That vehicle is Government property and represents the Government which is NOT religious- even though people seem to think it is. I don't CARE if that cop wears it around his neck under his uniform, but he shouldn't display it on the car or anywhere visible on his person because he is a Government employee.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:54 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Wait.....I thought a fish on your car means that it's a Jesus fish. Every Christian person I know has one on their vehicle.....so what is a Darwin fish?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• IhartU, Darwin was a scientist, not a messiah. A Darwin fish is not a religious symbol.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:59 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I'm not a moron. What I'm saying is it shouldn't BE THERE no matter what symbol it is- religious or not. I wouldn't like a 'no fat chicks' sticker on a cop car either.

Here's a site talking all about those fishies...

http://www.meangene.com/darwin/darwin.html

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:03 AM on Feb. 14, 2010