"I didn't think that was really possible!"-Ever hurt yourself in a really DUMB way?

I stabbed my thumb with a dull regular table fork this morning while tenderizing the steak that we're having for dinner. I am fabulous.
*looks sadly at Spongebob band-aid on left thumb*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yeah I'm with ya I once was holding an umbrella closed face down and bounced it on its point -and I stabbed my big toe and got a blood blister in it that lasted for Years!!!! Then one day I noticed it was gone- I never bled, just ached for seconds from the actual seconds of bruising of it, no swelling. I used to lie and say it was a freckle on my toe.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:36 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Oh no! I didn't know that fork stabbing was possible! :)

I cut my heel and had to have stitches when running down our concrete steps- my heel came up and hit the sharp edge of the step.

Answer by Bmat at 10:37 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Do I note a hint of sarcasm, Bmat? ;)
    It's just it was so dull, and I WAS trying to be careful!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I grabbed something that had come out of the oven only minutes esrlier.I have no idea hy I thought it'd be cool, the worst part is that it was a delayed reaction and I ended up flinging chicken casserole all overthe kitchen. The burn was sooo painful. :(
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 10:48 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• The last time I REALLY hurt myself was a few yrs ago when I stepped on a plastic Nintendo game case and the edge of it went right between my big toe and my second toe and it actually took a big chunk out and I had to have 3 stitches between my toes!
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 10:48 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• OW OW OW OW!!!
    Dang! Why do we DO stuff like this???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I fell once while I was running up the stairs. Now I tend to fall on stairs a lot anyway, going down them...not up. I landed so hard on my thigh that I had a football shaped bruise for weeks. It was about the size of a football too.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I've taken a big chunk out of the back of my ankle on 3, yes 3 different occasions from the same screen door closing on my foot! I feel so dumb every time it happens too :(
    Marsella

Answer by Marsella at 11:16 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• last week I reached into the dishwasher to grab a spoon, it had just finished and was drying, I dropped the spoon and it went to the bottom (of course!!) and I reached in to get it and my wrist touched the "bars" (I dont know what they are called, but they get super hot to dry the dishes,) anyway as soon as my wrist touched it sizzled and turned white, blistered up and was very painful, now I have a perfect straight line going across my wrist and it looks liked I tried to cut my wrist!
    Kim139

Answer by Kim139 at 11:18 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I didn't jump fast enough and the dog wrapped her cable tie around my leg, then she RAN and I fell. I had cable burn all the way around my leg for a month. Clotheslined by the damn dog.
    devante9901

Answer by devante9901 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 14, 2010