Responsibilities of an intoxicated person?

I'm curious to hear what you all think. Maybe this should be a pole, but I haven't found where to do it that way.

Anyway, here is my question to you: Is being drunk out of your mind EVER a good enough excuse for putting the moves on someone you know is totally off limits?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• I firmly believe that getting drunk just lowers your inhibitions and lets the REAL person come out! Blaming being drunk on impulsive actions is a sham. The person you are when you are drunk is the person you REALLY are when your "censor" button is temporarily disabled! I've seen the nicest people turn into really mean angry/spiteful people when drunk, I've seen otherwise well-mannered women turn into sluts when drunk! It's not the drinking that MAKES you do these things, it's the real you coming out!

And to answer your question...NO...it's never a good idea. Remember being drunk is a temporary situation--the problems occure the next day, when you have to face the music, so to speak!
    (When I say "you" I don't mean you, OP!)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:21 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• This question is tough to answer. No, it's not an excuse for doing it. HOWEVER, people that are that drunk often don't think, or even can't think. The alcohol has lowered their inhibitions, and in a sense, caused kind of a short term memory loss.

Would I be pissed if someone hit on my SO while drunk? Absolutely. Would I treat them the same as I would someone who did it totally sober? Probably not. Totally sober, she's getting her a** handed to her. Drunk out of her mind...I'll wait til she sobers up, then she gets one warning: Stay the he** away from my boyfriend when you're drunk, or next time, you'll be waking up hungover and trying to figure out why you're missing teeth and your eye is blackened.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:17 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I agree with tropicalmama........being that grossly drunk really inhibits people and so many times they wake up not even remembering what happened. I would give them a warning....and if it happens again well number one that person shall not drink with me or dh, shall not be coming over to my home anymore, and more than likely will not be a friend anymore.

A sober person knows their boundaries and drinking excessively can skew that......I try to stay away from narsty drunks like that.........its never any good and those people always bring the drama.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 11:24 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I always try to stay away from Casanova when I drink. Thos dudes are always on the prowl flirting and acting dumb.What sleazy pigs. The worst is when they take advantage of someone drunk and then have the audactiy to tell you that they just slept with someone earlier that day. How gross is that and that they could not cum and then have to prove their manlihood with you since you know how to get to with your sexual prowess that you have. That had to be the worst compliment but so true and has happened twice in my life. Hey guess some don't have the touch with all that good looks and they don't know how to you know what.There are so many women like that. What the heck do you do with your good looks just wastng away with alcohol ????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I know it lowers your inhibithions, but no I don't think it is an excuse!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:03 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• nope- if you're coordinated enough for touching. kissing, or sex then you have enough sense to know better
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:01 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• No one should put themselves in that type of situation... drinking to have fun and knowing your limits is one thing but drinking to the point where you can't talk or stand is another. You know the risks when you drink, you know that there is a chance you might do something you regret or make a total ass of yourself and that is why it is not an excuse.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• NO
    AmyG1976

Answer by AmyG1976 at 7:15 PM on Feb. 14, 2010