is romance in a relationship too much to ask

Ive been w/ my bf for 3 years. We just had our 3 year anniversary in January. He didn't even wish me a happy anniversary. his response was "you didn't say it either" All I want is a little romance. He doesn't say good night before bed, he doesn't say i love you unless i say it first. He doesn't say goodbye before he goes out. What am I to do I guess I'm a little old fashioned I want the romance I want the man to open the door for me which he did but doesn't anymore. What am I to do?

Jani2594

Asked by Jani2594 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• i think people are way too easily tempted to call other women childish. we are women. we all have our childish moments. hun, i would LOVE to say it isn't too much to ask...but yeah, it is too much to ask. guys are two faced and that romantic face has an experation date. you could always leave but you will be with every other guy and watch them expire as well. and then you turn into their mothers... sucks. i entertain myself by putting childish notes up. put one on the door that says, "bye babe, have fun." it will remind him to say bye or will annoy... either way... it's funny. especially when his friends see and quesiton it.

if he gets annoyed by it say its tit for tat. you are annoyed that you have become furniture and he is annoyed he has to put up with you being annoying. you'll be annoyed for a bit but then laugh about it later.
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 2:47 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• sounds like its a childish game going on and your waiting to see how much he does things. thats a sure quick way to run him off. maybe try doing things first once in a while, bc he could be feeling the way u feel as well.
    Anonymous

• i always do things first. its valentines day.. he should be romancing me
    Jani2594

Answer by Jani2594 at 12:18 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• That is childish. Who cares who does it first. Have you ever thought that he may resent the fact that you hold a grudge against him for always having to do things first? That may make him feel like you aren't very genuine yourself. Stop making it about who does what first. Love him and show him that you feel that way with no other motivation but because to love him. When he feels it as something genuine then he may feel like opening up to you.

IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 12:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

well put!! i agree
    Anonymous

• After three years of accepting this behavior I don't think it will change now, just accept him as is or tell him goodbye.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:58 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I'm not saying all women who want romance are childish. I want romance too. i just know that some women live in some chick flick where the guy just follows her around like a love sick puppy and when he forgets even one time to do the things that make her happy she freaks out that he doesn't love her anymore. When you decide to be with someone long term you can't just think about yourself. Men need and want romance too. They like it as much as we do. They are just shown by society and sometimes their partners that they don't need it as much. When you pick fights with him about having to do things first that says that you had to do all that nice stuff for nothing. When it shouldn't be treated like it was for nothing. Valentines day isn't about the man romancing the woman.It is about sharing love with eachother. If men are treated like equals then they would probably open up more and not ignore you.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 4:10 PM on Feb. 14, 2010