If your house was on fire and family safe what is the ONE thing you would take?

I think it would be my sugar flower. My grandma had a friend make her a sugar flower for on her 60th birthday cake. When she past it came to me. It now sits on my dining room table.

nawnie

Asked by nawnie at 12:19 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Family includes pets, right? Jeez. I don't know...OH! Baby photo albums! Duh. Have two little albums by the stairs. That has the U/S pictures in them!
    Anonymous

• I would grab our home movie collection and scrapbook. My DH would grab his mother's urn.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:21 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• My Keys and photo Albums
    amygraves21

Answer by amygraves21 at 12:25 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Probably the family scrapbook
    mama10johnsons

Answer by mama10johnsons at 12:34 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• i would grab the box of my daughters special things her baby blanket her baby booties her first outfit and special onesie
    Houstyn08

Answer by Houstyn08 at 12:36 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• my computer it has all my pictures on it.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 12:40 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• 4 years ago yesterday I was actually in this situation, i can honestly tell you that no matter what you think you would grab you wont do it, it doesnt cross your mind as your grabbing your children and running out of a smoke/flamed filled house. the only thing i grabbed was my purse because it was right next to my daughter. my dog was already outside so i didnt have to worry about that. the police moved my car out of the driveway for me. the kids had no shoes, none of us had jackets and it was trying to snow. you truly will not think of anything but getting out.

My dh rushed home from work and the firefighters let him go in while they were still putting the fire out (only because my DH had been a firefighter before going into law enforcement) and he did grab things but it was random things basically anything he passed he grabbed. My wedding album was charred (negatives were in a fire proof safe luckily).
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:40 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Pictures and my make up collection. I couldn't just pick one LOL
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• As long as family and pets are out, my safe if I have time.
    lilmama2be

Answer by lilmama2be at 12:57 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I was gonna say family photos but most of those are safely on Picasa.com so I think all of our legal/important documents. I have our deed, the kids medicaid info, our health, auto and house insurance papers, account numbers, warrenties ect... all in a big folder together. I gues I should get a fire proof safe for that stuff... Yeah. I need to do that.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:04 PM on Feb. 14, 2010