My ex still emotionally abuses me, by things he does with his new family,

things like allowing the family to have two dogs, he wouldnt let me and my kids have any pets, he never took us on holidays, but goes with the new family basically whatever he can do he rubs my nose in it, i know hes a complete arse, and only trying to get a reaction, but whats the point for him, its clear he hates me but why bother pursuing it, when he isnt with me anymore, its like hes telling me that hes the complete opposite in his relationship with the new woman, how can an abuser be an abuser with one person but nice to the next?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• That's not emotional abuse.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:11 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• of course it is if hes rubbing my nose in it,
    Anonymous

• No-that's just called being an ass. It's not abuse.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:20 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• First step absolutely ignore him if he tells you about it act if no words came out of his mouth.Remember that he is spending his energy on getting to you.Really that is sad.If he is doing this to get to you rather than he finally matured etc.his self centeredness will eventually resurface.Don't worry yourself about him,don't give him that power over you.

Anonymous

• you sound like you have serious issues. he's not abusing you. why make his life about you? He's gone. get over him
    Anonymous

• that sucks. but i doubt that he spends every day of his life trying to get to YOU. it is probably a perk though. who knows, maybe he thought that there was different circumstances between the two. maybe she threatened to casterate him if she couldn't have a dog. maybe she is abusing him and making him do these things. entertain yourself with this new woman beating him with a chair and forcing him to go camping or something... if he didn't do it for you then there must be some ferocious nagging at new home and he talks to you because you were nicer.

may not be true, but will make you feel better. but yeah. nevertheless get over it.
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 2:54 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Just ingore him, your relationship is over so forget it.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:32 PM on Feb. 14, 2010