Due in 3 days...what about...?

My due date is in 3 days. However, I have already lost my mucus plug and the doc said that I was 1 cm dilated last week. Since then I have been having some pretty painful contractions. They are now painful enough that it is starting to affect my sleeping pattern. I have not had a full nights sleep in about 2-3 days. I have tried to discussing the matter w/ my doc over the phone but she claims that this is completely normal and that I should just wait things out but I can no longer stand the constant nagging pain. Is this normal and should I take the doc's advice?

armanaqueen630

Asked by armanaqueen630 at 1:18 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, it is normal.
    You have to wait it out, what else can you do?
    Try to work on getting comfortable, distracted, give yourself naps.

You might still be pregnant a couple of weeks from now, or have the baby in a few hours from now...    
    Do what you can to enjoy this time.
    Good luck!
    :-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:31 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Time them... if they are not consistant, then just try to occupy yourself. If they're coming hard and fast (you know, 5 min apart for 2 hours or whatever) then its time to head to the hospital. Write down when they start and see how long they last. With DS2 I was convinced that I would be prego forever and had so many useless trips to the hospital where they just sent me home, I was determined to not even call until I was absolutely certain baby was on his way.... real labor started at 2pm on 2/9/08 and I still stuck it out... I did not keep in mind that I was an hour from the hospital and I still had to take DS1 to my parents, so when I finally decided to leave (ctx were 3 min apart and getting closer by the minute) and got to the hospital, I was dilated to 4, ctx were less than 2 min apart... Got to the hospital at 6pm and had DS2 at 10:58. Hang in as long as you can, just have everything ready in case its the real deal.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 1:38 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Me again... :) Of course, with DS1 & DS3 I was dilated to 1cm for over 3 weeks, thought I was in labor... they ended up inducing me b/c I just wasnt ever going to go into real labor. It can go either way.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 14, 2010