Is the swiffer wet jet just as good or better than a mop?

I am thinking about getting one but I don't want to waste my money if they are not good. If you have one, do you like yours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I use the wet jet and I use the like super antibacterial cleaner. I dunno if it does a better job though. Sometimes I think I am better off with a regular mop. I do use it b/c it's easier though. My whole house is tile (except bedrooms) and so mopping is a huge chore (I prefer vacuuming) so the wet jet makes it faster and easier. The one thing I do like is you throw away the pad you used to mop with, where the mop you always have it and it can build up with germs and nasty crap after awhile. If you're in a hurry to get it done real quick, it's great, but if you want to deep clean your house, it's not so great. Lol, I'm on the fence it looks like. I hope I may have helped in someway.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 2:54 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Save your money and get a steam mop. They are more expensive up front but in the long run it's actually cheaper than buying the refills for the wet jet. The steam mop comes with reusable pads, a clip on to do carpets and it uses water so you aren't using any harsh chemicals. I love it because I don't have to scrub my floors, the steam gets the tough stuff out with little effort.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Ooo, I have been wanting a steam mop but haven't found anyone who has and uses one.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 3:25 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• i love my steam mop!
    if you get the swiffer wet jet, be sure to keep the cleaner/ pads locked up...timy dogs have died from eating the pads. we used to have one, we used it with paper towels and a spray bottle with vinegar water. if you have the $ the steam mop does a better job for sure!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:39 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I think mine is great for spills and spots between serious cleaning. But thanks to a sister in law, I deep clean my floors with a bucket and rag and wipe it all down by hand. I don't feel like it's clean otherwise now if I can't get all the crevices by hand! But the swiffer wet jet is awesome for messes you want to get up real quick. And since others aren't as crazy as me, I would use it over a regular mop because you throw the pads away after each use. My only complaint is that if you have a ton of area of mop, the pads get dirty really quick and you often need more than one. (Sometimes I use thin rags with mine instead, and then just throw them in the washer after each use)
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 10:17 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I love my swiffer ...it is wayyyyy better than a mop but I have to agree with one of the other girls and if you ahve the money defiantly go with a steam mop !!!
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:25 PM on Feb. 14, 2010