Swollen legs, feet, and hands...

40 weeks today.. just wondering the past week my feet, legs, and hands have been aching in pain mostly when I lay down... but my legs and feet kill almost like they have fallen asleep when I am standing or walking around. Is there anything I can do besides wait it out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Rest and Wait is really all you can do. Elevate your feet.
    amygraves21

Answer by amygraves21 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• keep your feet elevated, stay off your feet as much as you can, perhaps rest your legs on a chair or something a little higher than your seated position. you can wear wrist/hand bandages/braces, similar to use for CTS. drink lots of water, and forgo sodium/salt/caffiene. its almost over, momma.
    i actually had a script for moderate painkillers during my pregnancy, especially since i have CTS..the swelling made it so much worse. i feel for ya..i'd bang my arms/hands against the wall, hoping to break them..that's how bad it hurt, and how messed up my mind was due to the constant pain. good luck!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:48 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• drink more water, elevate your feet and try to find a position that helps
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• You need to tell your doctor this is happening. It could be dangerous to ignore it
    Anonymous

• go to DR!!!! extreme swelling is a sighn of preeclampsia! you need to be checked out.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 11:11 AM on Feb. 15, 2010