How can i get my hair to stop being greasy after i wash it?

Once i wash i wash my hair i let it towel dry for about 15 mins but after i dry it my roots look greasy. It looks horrible and i cant understand why its happening. I havent changed my shampoo or conditioner. I was thinking on putting on a conditioning mask to see if it would help. If anyone has any answer about this please tell me. Thanks x

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• what are you using for shampoo? Sounds like you might need a clarifing shampoo- Redken hair cleansing cream or Pureology clarify shampoo... You might also have hard water, or a hard water build up it pipes, it makes rinsing so much harder. You also might be over using shampoo. a conditioning mask won''t help greasy roots, just dry hair, I am a hairstylist feel free to PM me if you need any other advice! I am prone to the clarify shampoo take from your question! Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• My hair started changing my late 20's.I also discovered that Tressame shampoo& conditioner DON"T work on my hair.I honestly don't know how they are still in buisness. It was that bad on my hair.Never had a problem before or after that.I'd say try something different.
    Anonymous

• When washing hair with shampoo focus on your roots. But when conditioning your hair only do your tips. Conditioning your scalp can make it very greasy. Wash our conditioner out with cool to luke warm water. It seals the tips. And I also agree with PP change your brand to a clarifying shampoo and conditioner. Hope this helps.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 1:55 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• If you haven't changed your shampoo, that is a good indication that it's time to! Just like you should change deodorant every couple months, and change soap every so often, you should also change shampoo and conditioner. I would go for something targeted for oily hair.
    Anonymous

• i learned a trick from one of my friends who's a hair stylist. you can lightly dust baby powder on your roots to absorb extra moisture. its not good to wash your hair all the time because it makes it over produce oils. so you can use this trick to extend between washes. and if you're hair is dark they have dark baby powder @ sally's.
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 2:04 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Dab some baby powder on it, works every time!!!!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• use the instant spray shampoo you don't need water .Most of them have normal to oil hair.Any drugstore carries it .This works great .Good luck I no this works for oil hair get the can one.
    sirrera

Answer by sirrera at 3:53 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• my hairs been getting greasy that way lately too,

Ok so i know this sounds weird, but shampoo it with a little dawn dishsoap, its used when there are oils spills and it actually helps. Also try switching your shampoo and conditioner. How often do you wash? Its best to wash every other day or so.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:30 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• How often do you wash your hair? Overwashing makes the hair over produce oils. Don't condition up past your ears if your hair is fine because it can build up. Try a shampoo that will strip your hair or Dawn dishwashing soap. Only once. It will take off the build up but you dont want to over use it either.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 4:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Try washing and rinsing your hair with cool to cold water but while applying the conditioner try not to do the roots and go from there. Sometimes the conditioner tends to make our hair oily looking which it will weigh the hair down. And by using the cool water it will help with the shine of your hair. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:15 AM on Feb. 15, 2010