Should I be concerned if my child is peeing more than what he is taking in?

So as the question asks, should I be concerned if my son is peeing more than what he is taking in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No some days I pee more then normal even if im not drinking alot. You have nothing to worry about.
    Anonymous

• You have to think not only about what he is drinking, but about the fluid content of his foods.
    Anonymous

• If it's an excessive amount, I'd mention it to his dr. Is the urine dark or very pale? Or just normal looking?
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 6:47 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• You can't just look at what he takes in one day.. Like adults, his body may absorb more liquids one day vs another. And, as the other poster points out, foods also tend to include a lot of water. I'd watch it over the course of a week and see if seems extreme very day. If so, I'd mention it to your doctor.
    Anonymous

• My husband and I have noticed this has been going on over the past week or so. He isn't drinking all that much yet he pees sooo much, we're changing diapers every hour or a little over an hour, and twice in the middle of the night. He has several allergies so he is on a limited diet at the moment. What sorts of foods would contain water? How do I find how much water they contain?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Feb. 15, 2010