Would you be with a man just for financial stability?

Here's a random question for ya. I was talking to a girl that I used to hang out with in high school. She has two kids and is in a marraige that is loveless. He works night shift and goes to school during the day. When they do see each other all they do is fight or he pressures her to have sex with him. She's tried sharing her feelings with him but he doesn't seem to care. He claims to be "too busy". She says that she's happy that he's so movitvated to have a good life but it seems like he's putting school and working and his family in another country before her. She told me that she has a gross feeling in her gut when it comes to her being married to him. The only reason why she wants to stay for now is for the kids and because she is looking for a job but nobody is hiring her because all she has is her GED. She doesn't do drugs or drink so I don't know why they wont because she's a sweet girl. I feel really bad for her. I

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• So she is with him for the $$$$ I don't really see your point to this question.
    Anonymous

• There's a difference between acting like your in love with someone just because of financial support and then staying for money but trying to leave. I would for sure be with someone for money if it meant that me and my son would have a better life for now. If we were living in my car and someone wants to take care of us you bet I'd do it.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I'm doing it right now, sometimes you have to choose between using a guy and being homeless on the street with kids. I'm not proud of myself by any means, but you have to do what you have to do to make sure your kids have a roof over their heads and food in their bellies.

Anonymous

• I really don't understand your question. However I guess if I was down and out I would. However love is much better. Some people don't have a choice. Plus there are arranged marriages and they seem to work. Difficult question when you you don't know all the circumstances.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 6:05 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I've always said with money comes power and with power comes control. No i wouldn't marry a man for money bc then he'd have power and control over me. I won't let that happen again.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:12 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Oh boy, I could never do it but I know very many women who stay in a marriage because they are comfortable financially and are willing to stay for only this, really sad way to spend your life, and not a stable environment to raise children in.

Answer by older at 6:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2010