What pregnancy test is most effective and which one did you use?

I have to know! Am I or arent I? I dont want to because I already have 3 but I just have a weird feeling. So I THINK my period is due next week but I cant wait any longer. Is one test better than the other? Is it to soon to test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i think first response early result is the best, but the off brand is just as good imo. i used the walmart brand of that, i think it was answer early result. but if your period is still a week away, it will probably be too soon no matter what. gl :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:15 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• An OB-GYN was on tv the other day and said they all work well so choose any of them. If you keep buying them at retail price, you'd be better off going to a doctor and getting his answer so you'd trust the result.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:19 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• The only brand I ever used was Equate, from Wal-Mart. Every test I ever took (and I took a lot of them over the last 10.5 years!) was right - if it came up positive, I really was pregnant, if it came up negative, I started my period within a few days. I can't imagine spending $12-15 on a single test - the $2 ones work just fine!
    Anonymous

• i agree that they all work, but some are a lot less sensitive and so won't work as soon :) they say how sensitive they are in the instructions in the inside packet, not sure if they say on the outside of the box, but the more sensitive the better. meaning the lower levels of hcg they detect, the sooner they would tell you if you are pregnant
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 5:48 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Look for a number on the box. The lower the number the less hormone it takes for the test to turn positive,thus the tests with lower numbers are more sensitive. 25 is probably as low as you will find. Store brands are often 100. Hint: I used one from the dollar tree and it was cheap but 25.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 6:01 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• most tests are very accurate if they are done right. problem is, a lot of women get wrong results for many reasons. the test stick gets dirty, isn't laid down right ( yes that can give a false result ), etc etc etc. The most reliable and most accurate test out there ( and easiest to read ) is Clearblue Easy digital. the tests aren't cheap, but then again neither is a baby! lol
    Anonymous

• I used rite aid brand first response-e of them were positive so today I bought clear Blue digital and it was positive too.
    Amy127

Answer by Amy127 at 6:25 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I used EPT early response (I got a three pack of them, with one "bonus" digital test included...for ONE DOLLAR at our Big Lots...and they werent' expired or defective!) and I got a positive result 6 days before I was due and it was accurate.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 7:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• First response. I've had questionable results with all of my pregnancies and FRER always gave me the clear positive !
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:05 PM on Feb. 14, 2010