Christians, how old were you when you got your very first bible?

When did you start reading the bible on your own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I had one as early as I can remember - a kids one of course. I read it alone as long as I can remember too. I was in 2nd or 3rd grade when I got my first NIV (gift from my parents), and I got my 2nd in 6th grade (Christian school, all students received one in 6th grade so we had identical ones for school). I've been gifted many more, I've never bought one for myself. Between me, my husband, and our 4 kids, I'd guess we have 2 dozen Bibles in our house. My kids all read theirs (whether childrens or NIV) and we read to them.
    Anonymous

• I don't remember, but my kids each got a NT mini bible at their dedications at about 3 weeks old. They of course didn't read them LOL more of a keepsake.

Honestly, didn't start actually reading my bible until a few years ago.
    Anonymous

• 28yo when i got mine, started reading it at 32yo
    Anonymous

• I got my 1st. @ 13 for my Confirmation (grew up in Denmark where it is tradition), but I did not become a christian till I moved to the States @ 28 (10 yrs. ago), and that's when I acctually started reading it, and applying His guidance :-)

Jane
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 5:22 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I recieved one the day I was born and my parents read it to me every night and I began reading it with lots of help at age 5.
    amygraves21

Answer by amygraves21 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I have no idea when I got my first one, but I remember getting one from my Grandma one year and being disappointed. I know I wasn't interested in the least.

I began to love and read the Bible when I was about 19.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:04 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I was in 8th grade I asked for one for my birthday or confirmation I can't remember. I started reading parts of it right away.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I'm not Christian but I got my first one as soon as I could hold it without tearing it up... So 3 or 4. I started actually reading it at 5 or 6 - little stuff at first, but it was something that was normal in our home.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:29 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• My grandmother gave me one for my 12th birthday and I read it twice then, I was not a believer yet.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:32 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• ive always had a Bible (small ones w/ print that was too tiny to read, but it was more about bringing it than reading it), so i really cant remember how old i was when i got my first.

but my first Bible of my choosing that i actually used was when i got baptized around age 11. it was a teen study Bible that i still have today w/ all the highlights, underlying, & questions/notes written in the margins. its a great treasure of mine.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:48 PM on Feb. 14, 2010