what can i do for my babys 1st birthday party?

delialayla

Asked by delialayla at 4:34 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Entertainment

• Why do anything other than have family over if they live close? The child won't remember it or really care. They don't comprehend the "birthday" idea. A first (and even second) birthday party are really only for the benefit of the parents. Give the kiddo some chocolate cake and take some pictures while you relax with family.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 5:44 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I had a bunch of young (related) kids at my dd's party. So I made a pinata to keep them occupied. Also, with the cake, for photo ops, I recommend baking a small cake just for your kid but scoop out the inside and fill it with hershey's syrup. It'll make a huge mess but the pictures are priceless.
    Anonymous

• really the kid won't even remember the party. i had a huge family party for #1 and she was only interested in the paper and boxes. # 2 cried the whole time and by the time we got around to # 3 we just did a small party. my kids are 22,19,17 so it was a learning experience for us back then.

the parties were more for the adults anyways. just have a small gathering of close family memebers a homemade cake and take lots of pictures to show when they are old enough to appreciate it.

justjacki

Answer by justjacki at 9:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2010