What is a baked pie shell/crust?

I usually buy the pie dough from the refrigerated section. How long would I bake it for? Or is it calling for a whole different crust I can buy? (I dont like to make my own crust)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• To pre-bake a crust (it's called blind baking), cover the pie crust with foil then fill the pie shell with marbles or dried beans. You want to hold the crust down. It can puff up while baking. If it puffs up too much while baking, your filling will spill out or it could collapse later and make your pie ugly. it can also cause the crust to fall apart.

The crust you purchased should have baking instructions. Each brand has a slightly different fat profile so the temp and time on the package is unique to that brand of crust.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:33 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• just follow the directions on the pie crust packaging. I don' t know what kind you bought.

normally you put it in the pie pan, add your filling, then bake. I don't have any recipes that you bake the pie crust before adding your filling... hmm... maybe a cream pie you would... but like I said, the package should have directions on it.
    Anonymous

• It is a cream pie
    Anonymous

• Yeah, you just bake the pie crust first. Like the pp said, follow the directions that came with the pie crust.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 5:18 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I don't know what oven temp to use, but just put it in the pan, and bake until it's golden brown. take it out and let cool, then add your filling.

hehe though I always cheat at cream pies and use the ready made graham cracker crusts
    Anonymous

• A pie crust that is already baked.
    You can bake your own before filling, bake a refrigerated one before baking, or buy a premade baked crust.
    Anonymous