Trying to get pregnant!!

My husband and I had sex last night twice, how long do I have to wait to take a test? I have not had a period since 2006.......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• About 4 weeks. Since that is about how long the hormones take to accumulate in your system. Have fun trying that is the best part.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:58 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Well if you have not had a periond since 2006 you are not ovulating. You need to miss a period for 5 days and then test. All i can say is you need to get ovulating and get period so you know when to test.
    Anonymous

• I had a IUD in for 2 1/2 years.
    Anonymous

• That is why I didn't have a period, what does that mean then? They said I could start trying right away and that the IUD wouldn't have any effect on it!!!! I'm so confused!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Well if you have not had a period then you do not know when you are or even if you are ovlating. Yes you can try but till you get a period they you can figure out when you are ovulating to get pregnant and when to test. Because if you have not had one since 2006. We have no clue when you ovulated and when you period is suppose to be.
    Anonymous

• So how long should I wait to test???
    Anonymous

• Can not tell you.I have no clue if you even ovulated or when you period is. So you guess is as good as mine. All I can say is wait 4 weeks and see if you get your period. If not test. But not till you get a period then it will be much easier for you to know if you have to test or not.
    Anonymous

• Wait...you haven't had a period in more than 3-4 YEARS, and you are just concerned about it now?! Seriously, why haven't you discussed this with your gynecologist, yet?! Assuming you still have eggs, you may need to go on fertility medications if you want to get pregnant! No period, means you are not ovulating. Not ovulating means there are no eggs!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:10 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• LORIKEET i had a IUD! That is way no period.
    Anonymous

• So does it really matter that I haven't had a period if I had unprotected sex ? My question should have been how long after sex do I have to wait to take a test!
    Anonymous