How do I fix the velcro on my Bum Genius cloth diapers?

Love Bum Genius. Not loving their velcro. We have some diapers that have been used for <6 months and the velcro won't stick together whatsoever. If my son moves the slightest the diaper comes undone or falls off. Anyone else experienced this or have ideas for how to fix it? So frustrating to spend so much on our Bum Genius packs and have them "unusable" already. Thanks!

tylermilesmom

Asked by tylermilesmom at 6:44 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lint and crud gets stuck in the "hook" side of the Velcro. If you see a lot of visible stuff in there, take a needle or straight pin, run it in from the sides and pick it out. Takes a few minutes, but it worka like magic
    Anonymous

• you can pick it out with a pin or needle. i'm not a fan of the velcro, the ones with snaps last a whole lot longer.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 6:51 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• you go and buy real diapers.
    Anonymous

• I have been using mine for 6 months and they look like they did when I first got them (I wash them a few times a week, so they have been washed plenty!) My SIL told me to not wash them with anything else, and I have been faithful to that. I wonder if that is why no lint and junk has been collecting in the velcro? Pick the velcro clean with a pin, like the pp said, and then try washing/drying them in a bumgenius load only.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:20 PM on Feb. 14, 2010