Smoking Pot

My husband smokes regularly, but we are trying to get pregnant. How long after he quits will it take for his sperm count to go back up? Can it hurt that he smokes (besides lower sperm count)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• whoever smokes pot in front of their kids should have their kids taken away from them. this is ridiculous. you people are crazy. theres alot more important and better things to be wasting your money on then pot, and this comming from a used to be pothead. once you have kids, you grow up. pot is for little kids. and yes, it does lower your sperm count.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:37 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• My BIL is a heavy toker and had to quite for 4 months before they got pregnant.
    Anonymous

• I never heard that it would hurt your chances of conceiving. My fiance and I have been together 5 yrs and I have never seen him go a single without smoking it .... we have a 2 yr old, a 4 yr old, and twins on the way! So it must not lower sperm count too much. LoL
    Anonymous

• LOL! Good to hear!!! Congrats!!! Does it bother you that he smokes so much? It used to not bother me but it kinda does now....
    Anonymous

• wow, i smoke it all the time so does dh, i concieved just fine. im 9 months pregnant still smoke it...i just never knew it had anything to do with trying to get pregnant.. wow, i guess i smoke too much and fried some cells! haha!
    Anonymous

• No .... it doesn't bother me really anymore. When he smokes, you can't even tell a difference in his personality or anything... he doesn't get lazy ... or act stupid. LoL. .. He has been in college for over a year now and he makes straight A's and he takes really good care of our kids... so I"m not gonna complain! And, by the way, he doesn't do it in front of the kids!
    Anonymous

• he doesn't do it in front of the kids!
    why would that matter?? is it bc it is illegal? bc to me its the same as smoking a damn cigarette. whats the difference, your still SMOKING. i smoke it infront of my kids, big deal! its just not legal, well a lot of things are not legal.
    Anonymous

• my SO has smoked heavily every day for the last 10+ years and we conceived the month i quit birth control
    Anonymous

• really?? smoking pot has a great effect on concieving?
    Anonymous

• Yeah... I mean, i have no problem with it but I don't want my kids to grow up and smoke pot all day every day just because they saw their dad do it ... and I don't let my mom drink around them either -- she is an alcoholic and I don't want her setting that example for my kids. If that is the path they choose to take later on when they are adults, that is their choice but I don't want it to be because that is the example that WE gave them, ya know what I mean?
    Anonymous