what should i do about a neighbor who throws cigarette butts in my yard?

the people live in rental prop. next door and they flick cig butts in my backyard...i am thinkin bout throwin an ashtray over there....

lifesong

Asked by lifesong at 6:50 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Home & Garden

• why not just be mature and talk to their landlord? You don't want to do anything rude and childish that might cause serious issues with your neighbors.
    Anonymous

• I would just go over to their door and ask them very kindly if they would mind keeping the ciggarette butts on their property. If they refuse or don't stop then contact their landlord.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 6:55 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Throw them back! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:59 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• yeah, gather them all up and throw them over in her yard, or rake them up and throw the pile in her yard. its a shame you have to do anyting about it and break your back picking up there mess... i would start tossing trash over there hahaa
    Anonymous

• i would throw em back...maybe save a big pile and dump em
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:12 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I had a neighbor just like that. I finally picked them all up put them in a ziploc and taped them to his door with a note that said "keep your butt(s) off my property" It worked too. Not one morte since then.
    Anonymous

• What I would do is collect all of them and show the rental property owners....whether its the rental property who runs that home or the owners if you know how to contact them. I'd collect every last butt and show them the inconsideration and rudeness of those people.......a rental property will set them straight quick unless they're feeling like getting evicted.......i hope you get that mess solved...I despise obnoxious people like that.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 8:08 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Call the cops and file a complaint..littering is a crime. OR you could go over their and POLITELY say that you would really appreciate that they wouldn't throw them into your yard and maybe you could present a nice heart shaped ashtray to them and say, "Happy Valentines!"
    Anonymous

• I'd collect them for a few weeks, and go dump them all in front of his front door. :) :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:12 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• that's sooo gross, you might be able to complain to a cop about it too, since they are littering your property
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2010