Do you wish your parents would've given you a different name?

My name is Caitlin. I don't hate it, but I don't particularly love it either. It sounds too cutesy and little girlish to me, that's one reason I go by Cait on the internet.

My maiden name is Bass. My parents wanted to name me Brooke. Just imagine...Brooke Bass *dies* So I'm very thankful they ended up with Caitlin!

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:10 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yeah i hate my name . its patuna
    Anonymous

• Nope I love my name, its Shannon and i have never hated it. My mom almost named me Heather but at the last minute she decided to switch to Shannon and i am really glad she did:) I have even tried to imagine what name i would have picked for myself and can never come up with anything.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 7:14 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Yep! Considering I was named after my MOTHER, and I was the FOURTH "Loretta" in the family, it was a bit much!!! LOL However, my mother was the only one who actually used the name Loretta...my aunts used "Barbara" (middle name), and "Bea" (because she was the baby in her family), and then I always went by "Lori."

When I turned 18, I legally changed my first name to "Lori" much to the chagrin of my mother. Whatever. LOL

I always like the name Nicole...since I had boys, I named my first son "Nicholas!" :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:14 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Oh YEEES! My name is Angel Grace! YUK! Angel sounds like a stripper name, and Angel Grace sounds like the next messiah. I'd like to just go by Grace, but my husband likes Angel...Ewww.

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 7:15 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I used to dislike my name, Catherine. But I grew out of that. I actually like my name now. It's a very strong name with a lot of independent, powerful women in its past. I'm pretty proud of my name now.
    Anonymous

• My problem isn't with my name.....only that the year I was born it was the 4th most popular girls name. So, growing up I was never once in a class that didn't have at least three Karens in it. I got so tired of confusion my sophomore yr so I told my teachers I was just going to put K on my papers. No problem worked great. Soon all my friends were just calling me "K". Over the years it morphed to Kay. Not a traditional nickname for Karen but it works for me.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:57 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Hmm, my name is Jennifer, so yeah, I wish my parents picked something else. I had 6 Jennifers in one class in HS, I kid you not. Thanks, Mom!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:59 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Yes.. My name is Anita Bath..And i HATE IT!!
    Anonymous

• i like my name..i've never met another brenda my age but only thing thats got confusing through the years is my mom was kinda out of it when she had me and i ended up with her full name..they was thinking of ashley or jessica but im glad i ended up brenda..i no soo many jessicas n ashelys now..only thing with my name is how people say it sarcastically sometimes like bren-duh hahaha!
    brenda06

Answer by brenda06 at 11:34 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Nope, I like my name and am pleased that my mom chose it for me.
    My name is Karla Suzanne.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:53 AM on Feb. 15, 2010