What could this be?- What type of dr do i need to see?

I developed a rash this afternoon.Red itchy bumps.It goes along my bikini line over my pubic bone and over my hips.If i still have it tomorrow then i'm going to call the dr.But what dr do i call,my family dr or my gyno.Since its so close to my privates.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Health

• i would call the gyno
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:19 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• First, I would try to remember if I had changed anything recently. Did you use a different soap, laundry detergent, body spray, eat a new food, fabric softener, did you put a sachet in your panty drawer? Stuff like that. If so, it could just be a reaction. Is it a new pair of underwear? Even though you washed them, the dye could've caused a rash. In the end, I would call my primary care Dr. If its on the outside, and not the inside, I would think that its a reg. Dr. thang.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 7:24 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• ditto PP, something you maybe have changed is causing a reaction i suggest the primary as well not a gyno
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:25 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• You can go to your regular dr for a rash. I would ask you first.. have you changed soaps, lotions, washing powders, toilet paper? If you have changed anything that touches your skin it might be related to that. Sounds like a rash over where your underwear go.. Did you buy some that are made of something that you normally don't wear? If you haven't changed anything, I would see your family Dr.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:25 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Even though it's close to your pubic area, I would recommend you go see your family doctor or a dermatologist since this sounds like a skin condition not a gynecological issue.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 7:48 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• OP HERE-No we have not changed anything.The rash is spreading more.I will call my family dr first thing in the morning.Thanks for you responses:)
    Anonymous

• OP-Your
    Anonymous

• could be scarlet fever..... my sons started that way.. have you reciently had strep throat???? His started in the same area and spread upwards
    princessputter

Answer by princessputter at 11:19 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• put some benedryl cream on it.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:40 AM on Feb. 15, 2010