Send a thank you letter or not?

After a job interview do you send a thank you letter? They say that it increases your chances of getting the job, to me it seems like your kissing up a little, I dont know, should I send one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Depends are you that desprete for the job? I don't send them. Good lusck getting the job.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Yes. Send a simple note thanking them for their time and consideration.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 7:44 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Yes, you should always send a thank you note, thanking them for taking the time to interview you and considering you for the position. Believe me, I've been in the position of hiring people and it makes a big difference in most situation. BTW, it doesn't mean you're desperate for the job, just that you have some good manners and are at least a bit on the professional (grown-up) side of life. Good luck.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 7:46 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• It really isn't a "thank you letter". It is more of a follow-up letter that reminds the employer of who you are, gives you a second chance to point out a couple of key points that would make you a great hire, and expresses your interest in the job. Look at it as a second sales call instead of a "thank you".
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• So many things have changed today...I would go with the majority rule and Google some example letters so you know how to word it, if you end up sending one.
    Hope you get the job.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:52 AM on Feb. 15, 2010