Should I tell?

Right now, there is a lot of drama going on in the family. First and foremost, my mother-in-law was recently diagnosed with renal failure and cancer (about three weeks ago). She's in a home, now, and we all go to visit her as often as we can. It's really wearing my husband down, so we decided to go out and 'let loose' a little last night. His brother and sister-in-law came along as well..... and after the wife left, my brother-in-law put the moves on me. Three times he tried to kiss me! I feel my husband needs to know this, but I don't know whether now would be a good time to tell him. As stressed as he already is, I think this would push him over the edge. I can't bear the thought of doing that to him. So... should I wait ten years and then tell him? Or should I just try to pretend it never happened? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• If nothing else I think your SIL needs to know. If her husband is doing that with you, it probably means he is doing it with others and I for one would want to know that.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 7:43 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Do not get into this with your husband right now. He has enough to deal with. You're probably old enough to shoot down any idiot, including your BIL, making unwanted moves on you. Take care of it yourself if it happens again and let your BIL know, in no uncertain terms, that if he so much as touches you again, the whole world including his wife and your husband will know all about it.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 7:43 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I wouldnt tell you husband right now its seems like he has enough going on, however, I would confront your brother in law and advise him that if he ever tries anything like that again you will go directly to your husband. If they are close at all then that should bother him
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 7:44 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• drunks do dumb things, let it go
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I would tell your sister in law if he does it again. And make it clear as a bell that there will be hell to pay if he doesn't get his shit together drunk or not that is not okay.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:48 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• i would let it go since he was drunk but if it happened again yeas i would tell
    Anonymous

• i would let it go! don't let this make everything awkward,, they may never believe you anyways. some people hate the truth and i think since nothing really happened and YOU didn't walk the hell out of there (away from him) if they do believe you they may blame you too.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• People do and say what they feel when they are drunk. I would take this seriously.
    Anonymous

• Let it go for now, but if he ever tries it again, knee him solidly in the junk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• i would tell my husband, but if you do not feel comfortable telling him it is your call, i would simply say, "when your brother was drunk he hit on me. probably was the alcohol talking, but i just wanted you to know."

or like others said, tell the brother if it happens again you will tell them , but that could back fire and he could tell your hubby that you hit on him... if he is willing to hit on you he might do that too.. that's why i would just tell my husband...
    TaiM

Answer by TaiM at 9:14 AM on Feb. 15, 2010