What do you think of when...

...you see on Facebook, friends that have children put in their 'status' that they're getting wasted that night? It really makes me cringe - I mean, I understand wanting to have a good time, but I wouldn't be able to get intoxicated knowing that I have a baby to take care of at home. I've gone out a couple of times since I've had my daughter, but I only have one glass of wine or beer. I just don't get it..

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 8:08 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• same here.. i see people on facebook that are liek ohh i got sooo shitty last night, party time at my house, and other stuff and i just feel bad for th e kids, like who is babysitting? hopefully someone responsible.
    Mrs.Koukas2006

Answer by Mrs.Koukas2006 at 8:10 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Maybe they have a sitter for their kids that night and they aren't watching them? But if they are getting wasted and they are with them, that's their stupidity and they need to grow up before something happens and their poor kiddos have to pay the consequences for their actions. :(
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 8:11 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• well i dont post that im getting "wasted" - but i do talk to my friends on facebook about going out to the bar and getting drunk. i go out once, maybe twice a month - all the other time im a full time mom, and college student. my son is well taken care of when im with him, and when i go out, hes with my mother who i completley trust and loves him as much as i do. she lets me sleep in the next day so that im not too hungover, and i wake up ready to be a mom again. i am 22 years old, so i cant help but still like to go out with my friends and drink. that doesnt effect how good of a mom i am.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:14 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Some folks have no class.
    Anonymous

• I personally dont say I am getting wasted but I am more than excited to be able to go out and drink. My daughter is 9 months old and sleeps through the night, so if I were to "get drunk"....I would be home. I rarely drink though, maybe 4 times in a year, if that. And my husband and I came up with a plan that if we are out in public, one of us needs to stay sober. If we ever had a party at our house, one of us stays sober as well to be able to take people home and we usually get a babysitter. Other than that, our daughter is always safe. I would never want to put her in harms way of either of us drinking.
    Allie120

Answer by Allie120 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• its a little discomforting but that ends up being their business.....whether I get drunk or not its not for everyone's eyes to see...it just looks tacky.....I keep that sorta thing to myself....because in all honesty 3 glasses of wine gets me drunk so I'm not going to be a hypocrite....but then again I'm not going to post it up for the world to see either. Thats something I do with dh and our family and friends and we do it safe within our home and sure as hell reap the repercussions the next day LOL....which is why I try to stay away from drinkin most of the time! waking up with 2 little boys is a rough day with a hang over.....yuck! lol
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 8:24 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• yeah i think its BS. and mostly its people like this that do it ALL the time AND should be home with their kids instead of pawning them off every night... i use to LOVE drinking... my husband and i quit because we feel we should be grown ups and have some class. i havent drank in a month! soooo proud of myself...hes 22 and im 24
    Loveaddict6

Answer by Loveaddict6 at 8:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• i'm all for going out & having a good time, i'm also 22. i just always worry that should i get drunk & something happen to my daughter - in my care or someone else's - i'd have to be level-headed & sober to deal with the situation. not trying to get down on anyone, really..i just get so freaked about that, i don't get how others don't.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:30 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• It scares me to think they are parents and responsible for children.
    Anonymous

• I couldn't agree more. I just don't understand parents like that.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:08 PM on Feb. 14, 2010