BIG QUESTION. A little confused

Can you have implantation bleeding around 4 days after missed period? My periods are always at the right time so I was expecting it. I mean I've had some pregnancy symptoms but I just figured it was period symptoms. But today is day 5 on missed period and at about 3:30 or so I started spotting and thought oh there's my period but it still hasn't gotten any heavier which is weird for me because my periods are always heavy. So I just was wondering if it is possible to get implantation bleeding after a missed period. The spotting is only present when wiping and it's a very very very light pink I hardly even noticed it was there at first. I did have unprotected sex while I was ovulating and he did his thing in me. So I was just Curious. I am going to take a test tomorrow if the spotting doesn't get heavier. I just wanted to know if it was possible. Thanks :)

AlliePooh1992

Asked by AlliePooh1992 at 8:34 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it definitely could be. It takes a couple days for the egg to reach the uterus and implant. I was 6 days late with my period when I had implantation bleeding when I was pregnant with my daughter.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:57 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I don't think it's implantation bleeding but you could be pregnant. I spotted for the first few months of my pregnancy and was told that it was normal/okay as long as it didn't get heavy, and wasn't bright red.
    nessani28

Answer by nessani28 at 9:06 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• It sounds like implantation bleeding to me. Implantation bleeding can happen through out the first trimester as the embrio burrows deeper into the uteran lining. You can also experience hormonal bleeding in the first trimester.
    Anonymous