my 22 month grand daughter has recently started throwing tantrumns every evening. it last about 2 hours. she kicks , bites and pulls her hair. any ideas

momsparadise

Asked by momsparadise at 8:35 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i had a similar conditon when i was young, it started about 2 or 3. i had a sensitivity to corn syrup. some kids have a reaction like this to sugar. about 5-6 hours after consuming a large amount of sweetener, a child can have a violent reaction where they kick, scream, bite, etc. but check ingredients, keep a diary, and show your findings to to doctor. my reactions lasted until my early 20's however, they became less violent in my teens and more moody and depressed, lots of crying and just sadness compared to anger. hope this helps.
    thebookofkells

Answer by thebookofkells at 9:40 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• could just be that she has discovered a great way to get attention - she's only two!
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• watch the happiest toddler on the block dvd...it was a lifesaver for us!!! good luck
    Anonymous

• There's a lot that it could be. It could be what the first PP said or she could be over tired or she could just be wanting attentio, but if it happens at the exact same time every day I'd try putting her down for a nap or changing up the nap schedule she already has and see if that helps and if it doesn't then I'd keep a food diary and tell the pediatrician.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Feb. 15, 2010