SPOTTING

this is my first pregnancy and i am terrified right now. i just noticed that i am spotting. its pink, but not too heavy. im cramping only very lightly. could this be a sign of a miscarriage? i called a family member who is an RN, and she said to rest and not go to the hospital, that they wont really do anything. i havent had an ultrasound yet, my first appt is on march 3rd.

has this happened to anyone? what should i do right now? go to the hospital or wait?
please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You can go to hospital if you would like butr you would probably do better off if yop stay at home and lay on your left side and relax. They will not do anything for a miscarriage but tell you that is what is happening and send you home-it may not even be the case either.Sometimes people are told it is a miscarriage and it is just a very early pregnancy.Unless you are certain you are more than 8 weeks I would not go to hospital about it.
    hunterblakes246

Answer by hunterblakes246 at 9:34 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I would get as much rest as you can, drink plenty of water, and try to relax. Nothing can be done about a miscarriage anyways, going to the hospital will only make you more stressed which in turn will make your chances of miscarrying higher. If the bleeding gets heavier (like you are bleeding like a period) then I would definitely call your doctor.. they will get you in earlier for your first appointment and do an ultrasound right away. It could be nothing, some women bleed for the first few months.. it could be a blood sac in your uterus that is being expelled, it could be a miscarriage. There are lots of things it could be, but if its only a little blood then you are much better off taking it easy and just going with the flow (no pun intended) until it either subsides or there is a substantial amount to warrant calling the doc. Good luck!!!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 14, 2010