how do you know when its time to end a reaionship? If it is time to end it how do i explain it to my son?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• if someone is cheating that to me is grounds for dismissal or being abused, other than that you can work on a lot of things. but if you're just done then sit down with that person after you two have worked out a lot of the troubles and tell your child together.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• When the bad becomes more than the good, IT IS TIME TO GO. I don't know how old your son is but kids can be pretty smart. Some you can have a talk with them about it and answer any questions they have. With others it can be more complicated. Good luck!
    Alizzie_Mom

Answer by Alizzie_Mom at 9:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• its time to go when he is abusive & won't get help, he is cheating on you & won't stop.. Try marriage counseling, talking to your hubby, prayer.. before you talk to your child,, If it comes down to talking to him keep it age appropriate & don't say anything bad about the child's' dad to the child..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:48 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• cheating, abuse, and addiction. ---IMHO, are the only grounds for breaking up a marriage. (notice I said MARRIAGE.)

anything else, can be worked out. and the relationship can still be salvaged and saved (with both parties committed to making it work of course. you can't make it work on your own. you both have to WANT and DESIRE to save the marriage).
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:40 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• When the bad outweighs the good. It depends on how old the son is. If he is young he will adjust without much explanation. If he's older then just talk with him. Kids are smart.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:00 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• im afraid of my baby growing up and becoming mad at me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• as a child who grew up with parents who if they had just worked out the differences. I was angry for a long time. i'm almost 20 now and i understand their mind set but i would say talk to the child even if they say its fine sometimes kids like me hide it from their parents, and deep down it really hurts them. There isn't a day that goes by that my dad don't tell me that they could have worked it out and it kills me. but best wishes
    SuperSavy

Answer by SuperSavy at 3:37 AM on Feb. 15, 2010