Possible pregnancy or mirena?

I've had mirena 2.5-3 months and didn't have any problems to begin with. I spotted 6 weeks and then it stopped. I started getting pregnancy symptoms a week or two ago and started spotting VERY lightly pretty much only when I wipe (I'm still spotting brown blood). I breastfeed and my milk supply started going down at the same time. Now, my milk is almost non-existant. I have been feeding every hour for 3 days and still no change in my milk.
Now, could this be a possible pregnancy or does it sound like mirena is causing this? I didn't have problems until 2 months after I got it so I'm confused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i wish i knew the answer. i'm on mirena and i feel like i'm pregnant every other day. i'm about to go get a dang test.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 9:14 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• It could be either. Either you are not adjusting well to the hormones in the Mirena OR you are pregnant and the Mirena has failed. Statistically speaking, the Mirena is over 99% effective at preventing pregnancy. The stats say it's the IUD, but stats are just some numbers some researchers came up with. Go get a test.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• it could be possible... i would get one. not 100%
    Anonymous

• it sounds like effects of the mirena to me, but it could be because you are breastfeeding also. Most doctors won't give Mirena to breastfeeding women because of the effects on hormones that are necessary when breastfeeding. The conflict within your body may have caused the Mirena to fail. I'd get a test, and if it comes up neg. but you still feel this way in a week, go see your doc and get a blood test.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 14, 2010