my daughter is 5 months old when should I feed her some can food?

Smwall123

Asked by Smwall123 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 6-12
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:33 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• She's not a cat so you don't feed her can food LOL.. sorry had to go with it. But you can start feeding her baby food if you want at 6 months. Start with one food first. After a few days if she has not reaction you can try a different food. It is just for practice so she will still get about the same amount of formula. I started with veggies so me children would not just like the sweet fruits..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:34 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• You don't have to do that overpriced jar food at all. You are paying for half water and for the jar! If you wait until around six months when the baby can sit up unassisted, has lost the tongue thrust reflex, and has interest in food (around 6 months old or so). You can skip that stuff, save money and time, and just give him real table food. Of course, always breastmilk or formula first and solids second. Food before one is just for fun; not nutrition.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:36 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• i agree, just steam and puree some fresh veggies or fruits and offer them whenever she seems ready :)
    Anonymous