Sewing Machine

I want to get a sewing machine but i'm not sure what brand and type and what I did it to be equipped with and so on. I am a beginner. Any suggestions on what sewing maching I should get?

Kaitlyn0816

Asked by Kaitlyn0816 at 9:38 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• when you go and pick one out they have actual setting for beginners intermediate and advanced which is like embroidering and etc. get a beginner one. I have a singer it was 100 at walmart.. i have heard that brother is decent too. it is 80 at walmart... gl :)
    Anonymous

• i have a brother, it's GREAT!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:48 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• walmart Brother! still using mine and it's 6 years old! great machine for a beginner because it's not expensive. Does everything I need it to do and I've even made wedding dresses on it!
    Anonymous

• I bought a brother from wal-mart about 5 years ago and loved it until my puppy destroyed the cord and I couldn't get a replacement :(
    So I looked around and found a singer at KMart for $89 dollars. I saved over 30!!!!! I love it.
    As I a beginer I would recoment getting a standard sewing maching b/c to many settings, dials and buttons are going to make learning to sew even harder.
    I use my machine for quilting mostly and alittle mending. GOOD LUCK!
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 3:31 PM on Mar. 17, 2010