C-Section..

How long after having a c-section and having staples were you able to get up and move around on your own without feeling pain or tugging?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i think it took me about 2 months... the pain and numbness didnt go away for like a yr!
    Anonymous

• I had one... I felt fine once i was out of the hospital... i didnt even take any pain medication once i left the hospital... but i still had slight little pains for a little while maybe like a week or two...
    Anonymous

• 5 weeks, but still had twinges of occasional pain for up to 4 months. I've had 3 c-sections. My numbness and pins and needles sensation never went away.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:50 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I guess I was lucky, I had 2 c-sections and after both I was up and around and feeling fine within 2 weeks.
    mauspond

Answer by mauspond at 9:51 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Within a week or two. As odd as it sounds, getting up and moving throughout every day helps you heal faster. If you stay sedentary all the time, then you'll heal much slower. Just use your common sense when getting up and about. If you feel too tired or like you shoudl stop, then rest! It also helps to keep a maxi pad along your incision line. It kept mine dry and padded!
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• my doctor used staples on my second c-section, but since I had another baby at home (19 months) I had to move as soon as I got home (my mom was taking care of her and so she wouldn't cry she let her do whatever she wanted....so , she didn't got a bath in 3 days cuz my daughter didn't want to, lol) it hurted for at least 4 weeks, but honestly, the more you move, the sooner it will go away.
    Anonymous

• 3 weeks or so but it still hurt in certain positions & movements
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:29 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• mine was 3 months or more, but then again my incision ruptured and I had to pack it with gauze for over a month, that is the most horrible thing on earth.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:38 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I had staples and stitches.
    It took me 2 months, but I was out riding bikes with my friend about 2 weeks after I had him. ;D
    I'm a tough one.
    Kaiithegreat

Answer by Kaiithegreat at 11:03 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• About a month before I could move normally. But I was up and around within a few days, just moving carefully.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 11:22 PM on Feb. 14, 2010