3 weeks!

DH has 3 weeks to lose 3 inches off his waist. the past 3 nights we've been on the wii fit, and excercise bike. we've been watching our calories, and today we've decided to try the pineapple approach along with it. yes, i cook healthy meals. i'm doing this with him so he doesn't feel alone in this and to help him so he won't cave. he also does PT every morning at work, and he is going to get up early and do some yoga on the wii before work. i'm just wondering if there is anything else we can put into our routine? TIA

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• the special k diet?
    Anonymous

• Drink plenty of water. Take your weight divide by two and that is how many fluid ounces you should be drinking each day.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 10:32 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• lots of water!! and lots of protein, protein builds lean muscle which eats fat. cardio is the best for burning fat. green tea is great. and he should be doing sit ups or crunches if his waist is most important.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:37 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• How about a variety of Crunchs? Takes 10 minutes or so and works the core & abs.

You can do "normal crunches"
    Side crunches -lie on back, feet in air, arms behind your head then crunch" side to side like you are trying to get your elbows and knees to meet.
    Double crunches - that's arms/shoulds up while legs/knees come up to meet each other.

Also ... lie on back, cross right leg over left knee, arms behind head - lift legs, butt like you are crunching

I'm a Beachbody Coach and have lots more suggestions ... message me if you need more exerciseor nutrition ideas.
    And what the others said - water, cardio,
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 10:59 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• As far as diet .. Special K or oatmeal
    AM snack -fruit or yogurt
    Lunch - soup,. salad w/ vinagarette, or cottage cheese, fruit
    PM Snack - fruit or yogurt
    Dinner - grilled chicken or fish, steamed veggies - salad w/grilled chicken & vinagarette.

Additional exercise ...... when I'm driving in my car, I will suck in my stomach to the beat of the music (great for abs)
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 11:05 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Get the abs diet book, I borrowed the womens version from the library and it works! and it works fast! It is a 6 week program but int he first 3 weeks you lose inches really fast I was shocked how well it worked, now my DH is doing it too he was so impressed. Since your already eating right you probably wont have to change too much in the way of diet but check out the meal plans anyhow, i made some adjustments to our meals after looking at the book and it made a world of difference.

Here is a link to the articles on mens health magazine http://www.menshealth.com/men/weight-loss/abs-diet
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:18 AM on Feb. 15, 2010