Bedtime help.

My DD is 9 months old and for the past few week bedtime has been a nightmare. When she was a newborn she would sit with me on the couch she would nurse and go to sleep, as she got a little bigger she liked to lay in our bed and nurse when we went to bed I would move her to her crib to problems. Untill recently she will fall asleep for 30 min and wake up. she will NOT go back to sleep even tho she is tired sometimes she"ll put up a fight for 3 hours tossing turning crying. We tried to give her bath with night time lotion and bath stuff and it dosent seem to help.

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 10:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what works best for me with my 8 month old son, is a warm bath with the bedtime bath soap & lotion and a warm bottle. but some nights he wont go to sleep either, im pretty sure its because of his teeth. if it gets really bad, i give him tylenol & that seems to work. & if he wants to stay up & play sometimes, i let him.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Keep a set routine... I would sit with my back to the crib until they settled down and went to sleep on their own. I nursed about 30 minutes before bedtime just so it wouldn't become a habit.. I also started reading to them , or just looking at a book when they were about a yr old. I don't know if you already have but putting them in a room of their own seems to be best too. Then they will learn to be more independent and rely on themselves to relax and fall asleep... That's what worked for me.. GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:50 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Sounds like your 9 month old is teething...its a phase and will pass with time but just keep up what your doing now so that your lil one does get off of the routine you have now. Try some motrin and teething tablets before bedtime to help with swollen sore gums
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:45 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Could be teething, a growth spurt, or a new milestone she's learned recently. Or it could be all three at the same time.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:28 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• she does fine at nap time well most of the time. Teething can be a night time thing?
    heatmac4

Answer by heatmac4 at 8:23 AM on Feb. 15, 2010