Personal Question about "down there"

I am currently 35 weeks and last week noticed some swelling "down there" mostly on the right side. Now I don''t know proper terms for body parts down there but it is the outter lips. Then just tonight I noticed that everything down there looks purple. Is this normal in late pregnancy?? It looks so ugly, I don't even want my Dr. to look.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well im not sure if mine looked purple, & it wasnt only on one side so maybe you should ask your DR just to make sure nothing is wrong but my vagina was DEFINATLY different while i was pregnant. it was swollen. & it was ugly. i hated it. it went away as soon as i had my son thank god.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:31 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• BTW i read in a book that it swells because there is more blood rushing to that area when u are pregnant.
    PURPULbutterfly

• I felt weird down there my last few weeks. Very swollen and i swear i could feel his pressure from kicking down there i freaked a few times thinking he was coming early but it was just weird sensations. All my scares and i winded up delivering a week later then my due date lol.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 10:31 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I had this happen to me. My dr told me it was normal to swell the way I did, but you do need to talk with dr bout it. Not everyone is the same.
    Anonymous

• Totally normal. I promise your doctor has seen worse. :)
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 10:50 PM on Feb. 14, 2010