Yes another circumcison question.

I am about a month away from having a baby boy. I have debated with myself and done a lot of research on the issue and am about 90% against it. The thing is that DH is 100% for it. I don't know what exactly to do. Should I just let it happen or should I fight for not getting it done more. If he really wants it done I'm fine with that and i'm not gonna start a war about it but is it worth pushing the point more with DH?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It depends on how much you are against it. For me, he was not going to be circumcised no matter what DH wanted. Thankfully, after sharing my research with him, he agreed and it was an easy choice for us. But if he fought, he would have lost. I was willing to destroy my marriage to protect my child. But it's very important to me. If it's not that important to you, then you have to decide what is.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 10:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Maybe you can agree to re-address it at a later date. After you have the baby you can talk, discuss each sides and the pros & cons...
    For now, agree to disagree and leave it alone.

Maybe he will feel a little less like going through with it after baby is here... ?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:53 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Share your research with him, and tell him that men that aren't are happy, and often times larger.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:55 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I've heard this many times and been in this situation.

I told my DH that I would not discuss it with him until he had done the research himself so that he would be educated on the subject and have an educated opinion about it. He did the research and there was no arguement to have because after doing the research my DH was 100% against it.

We chose not to have him circed. He is clean, healthy, perfect and I wouldn't change my decision at all. Don't let people tells you incorrect information about circ. The most common is that it's "cleaner" which is completely false and anyone who has done the research would know that.

Tell your DH that since your educated on the subject you get to make the decision and if he wants to be apart of the decision he should do the research so that you all can have an honest, educated discussion on the matter.

THEN make your decision.
    Anonymous

• My boy had one done. I was against it at first, then after speaking with a pediatrician chose to have it done. If you are against it and your babies dad is for it, then you two maybe need to speak with a pediatrician and get more insight on why you should or shouldnt have it done. I personnaly recommend having it done. Less chance of getting bacteria infections and all other sorts of infections...Its a quick procedure and they give them pain relief right after..It does hurt when its get done but it doesnt affect them afterwards. My lil one never whimpered when we took him home, but its really a personnal preference. Good luck with it.
    Anonymous

• This was my husband and I. I was against. Hubby was for. I fought for it...and I won.

Now we are both happy with the decision.

Just remember if you choose not to circ' DO NOT PULL THE FORESKIN BACK TO CLEAN!!!! You will tear underneath and THAT is what causes these infections people talk so much about.

Just wash it like a finger, nothing else is needed ;) When he is older...possibly even as old as puberty..the skin will release and THEN he can wash underneath.

My son is 6.5 and he is just fine. Actually I told him the other day what most mothers let the Dr's do to their sons...and he couldn't believe it...he kept asking me why and making sure I wasn't doing that to him. He is proud to have his whole penis that God gave him. ;)
    Anonymous

• i love that anon at 11:04. What type of pain relief do they offer right after. And do you know they strap them to boards to do it. And do you know that the skin they cut off has the most nerves in the whole babies body. hmmm,

There is no less chance of them getting "bacteria" lol... In fact I have seen several mothers lately who's sons were circed but not enough and the skin fused back to the head of the penis. Now this can cause issues.
    Anonymous