How young is too young for daycare?

Ok, my kids aren't baby's anymore (the youngest is 2, will be three in June) but I was wondering what you ldies think. I personally think that a child shouldn't be in daycare until they are at least 1.

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 10:54 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• i didnt want my son to go until he was able to talk...and he didnt go until he was about 3. He spoke well before then but i didnt have to put him in until 3. I just think a child should speak so they can tell you if something happens
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:58 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Under 3.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• My youngest was in daycare from 8 months to 4 years old.
    There is no "too young" if you have to work to pay the bills and maintain your lifestyle. Not everyone has the luxury of sitting at home being mommy all day every day.
    TinaN64

Answer by TinaN64 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Some of us don't have much choice. Mine started at 7 weeks, I had to go back to work. ST Disability only pays up to 6 weeks...
    Jessycwr

Answer by Jessycwr at 11:09 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• My son is two and I'm putting him into an actual daycare. One of the reasons I'm doing it is because I think he needs some structure in his life ( and I can't find a home daycare). At my house he seems to not listen to me at all. He's a great kid but he tests me all the time. He doesn't feed himself and he's never really been around other kids. I want him to be able to play with other kids and be a two year old.

I wouldn't feel comfortable if he was any younger though.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:19 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• TinaN64.....sense some resentment or jealously in the tone of your answer....

Personally, I think under three is too young, and YES I do have the luxury to be home with my kids, if you call listening to my boys wrestle and laundry and dishes and the running of my house a luxury. To me it just means I don't have to put up the the drama of adults b*tching and moaning. I do in home daycare also so I CAN stay home and personally outside of family members, I would not want a young baby in my care while taking care of much older boys (3-7 year olds)
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:22 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• "My youngest was in daycare from 8 months to 4 years old.
    There is no "too young" if you have to work to pay the bills and maintain your lifestyle. Not everyone has the luxury of sitting at home being mommy all day every day. "
    And I am not judging you for that. I understand that some people can't afford to stay home. I just, personally, didn't want to put my kids in until that age. And, honestly, being a stay at home mom isn't as easy as you seem to think it is either.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:30 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• my daughter was in daycare since 3 months when i had to go back to work
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I had my 1st baby in high school and we were only allowed 2 weeks off after the baby was born, so there were babies going into childcare at 2 weeks old....now that is to early!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Anything under than six weeks. A lot of places will not take a child under six weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Feb. 15, 2010