Black High Profile Frauds?

One of the Nation's largest mortgage lenders and key player in 2009's great housing bust, Wells Fargo, is being accused of coercing members of the Black and Hispanic community into high-cost subprime mortgages. They are accused of disguising their underhanded deeds by parading “high ranking” minorities to conduct fake seminars on wealth building. Acclaimed author and television personality, Tavis Smiley, as well as Kelvin Boston of “Moneywise” fame are being called out as integral figures in the lender's dastardly scheme.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Link?
    Anonymous

• I don't know about you, but when it comes to my mortgage and money, I don't care WHO is talking to me...I make MY OWN EDUCATED DECISIONS!

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 11:25 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Probably would help if the gov't didn't REQUIRE them to have a certain number of minorities obtaining mortgages, or get hit with penalties.

Anonymous

• kudos to the bank for making money off of idiots IMO it's not that difficult to do some research before going to get a loan.
    Anonymous

• How does someone "co-erce" someone else to get a mortgage? Nobody forced me to get a mortgage. And most, if not all, of those wealth building seminars make one person wealthy -- the person leading the seminar! You just lose a little bit by buying whatever nonsense they are selling you.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:11 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

***

THIS!!!

high five

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:57 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

Thats a BIG 10-4 lol
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:14 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

Yup Yup..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:28 AM on Feb. 15, 2010