Packing for hospital

How far along were you when you packed your bags for the hospital and what did you really need once there?

staciaw

Asked by staciaw at 11:07 PM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Really the only things I needed was clothes and blankets for baby. They supply everything else. At least where I live they do.
    Anonymous

• I packed at 36 weeks.

I brought all of the comfort stuff for labor like lotion, hot packs, lavender rice socks, etc. -all of those were used during labor.
    I also packed snacks to eat during labor-all of those were used.
    I brought a couple of night gowns to wear in the hospital-all were used
    I brought my own clothes to labor in-those were used
    I brought shampoo, tooth brush, tooth paste, conditioner, and soap-all were used...hospital doesn't provide them.
    Blankets for the baby
    Camera
    Clothes for the baby to wear home
    Clothes for me to wear home
    Wipes-Our hospital doesn't provide them...the only give you gauze pads that you can wet.
    Diapers-we didn't want to use the hospitals
    Boppy pillow
    nursing bras
    nursing pads
    hair deals
    brush
    Change of clothes for DH

We used everything we brought.
    Anonymous

• I never packed. ;~;
    I went in with nothing and alone till the point where the contractions kicked in. Then my boyfriend came, but he didn't bring anything either.
    Anonymous

• I packed at 37 weeks and didn't use most of what I took. The hospital supplied everything I needed, including shampoo, toiletries, everything for the baby, etc. This time I am planning to change out of the gown and wear my own stuff, so I'm bringing clothes for me, and I am going to dress up the baby this time too so I'm bringing clothes for her. Other than that, just makeup, hair brush, nursing bras, and flip flops to walk around in.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 11:40 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I think the more you bring the more you will use but I don't you need most of it. I would just bring blankets and going home outfit for baby a couple pairs of pjs and going home outfit for you and hubby. A camera soap shampoo conditioner maybe some books or something to do like thank you cards. We brought our lap top. It helps past time Don't worry about diapers formula wipes binkies. And don't worry about pads and underwear i bought mine but you'll wind up using the sexy net underwear and the diaper size pads TRUST me!!! No store bought pad will be big enough I actually wound up bringing home the rest of the bag they gave me and used them for like the first week. But then again everyone is different and you might not bleed to bad. Cell phone charger and maybe a nursing pillow if you plan to nurse but then again they'll give you like 8 pillows lol. Good luck!! Get some rest while your there too. cause you won't we you get home
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 11:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2010