When is a good time to get your baby boy circumcised?

Having a boy and I know I will be afraid to have him circumcised too early.

AllisaMyJoy

Asked by AllisaMyJoy at 12:15 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is usually done in the hospotal when he is a day old and the Pediatrician will advise you about it. Waiting too long can be a mistake.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:19 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I would suggest doing it right after they're born. While you are in the hospital, the pediatric doctor will perform the circumcision. At least that's what they did with my son. They say that since they are infants they will not have any memories of it as apposed to getting it done when they are older.
    Heather806

Answer by Heather806 at 12:19 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• My son got it at 2 days old.
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 12:20 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I freaked out when I saw this video on this website: http://www.nocirc.org/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• We had it done before leaving the hospital - on his 2nd day in the world. He did perfectly fine - I was all worried & whatnot about him crying, but it all went well. I couldn't imagine waiting til later on if you know you want to do it anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• We had my son's done in the hospital the day after he was born. In my DH's culture they wait until he child is much older..my husband wasnt snipped till he was 7. He said there was no way we were waiting that long for our son. The dr. did a great job and my son hardly cried. It healed very well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Never, It is an unnecessary cosmetic surgery. There is nothing wrong with a boy's healthy foreskin. Leave it alone. You can also watch this video (its not for the faint of heart, but if you can't watch it then definitely don't do it because if you are going to do it you should be with your baby during the procedure).   http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6584757516627632617

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:17 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• we had our sons done before we left the hospital...
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 5:35 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Before they go home from the hospital
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:23 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• my son's was done at six days, he went home at seven days old
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:34 AM on Feb. 15, 2010