How many of you ladies do the finances for your household?

I do everything when it comes to our finances. I do everything from paying the bills to balancing the bank account. I was just wondering who else does the finances.

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 12:18 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• I[m a sahm so of course hubby brings in all the money and he knows how much, but,I delegate whats getting paid and how much, what activities or things we buy that week/month..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 12:21 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• yup same here, I handle all the money. Dh says he prefers to make it and let me worry about where it is supposed to go lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:26 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Ehh, not me man. I HATE numbers and do just about anything to avoid them. I always sucked at math so I know I'd just screw them up somehow.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 12:29 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I do! I really enjoy it. I get my husband's okay on the budget before I do anything, but I am the one that pays the bills, figures out the budget etc. I LOVE IT :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• we have a general budget set out, grocery amount, petrol etc. The rest we do together. We have a rule that no one is allowed to spend more than $100 without asking the other partner first. We also get a small allowance each for personal, no questions asked spending, same amount. We have had our share of money fights but after 18yrs (OMG surely not!) we have it figured out pretty well together and no one feels ripped off.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:26 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I do it all. Hubby is absolutely clueless when it comes to what we having going out for bills every month. he just knows that we never we have never lost power, gas, water, trash service, cable or phone and that our car has never been repoed, the house has never been in danger of foreclosure and we have never lapsed in insurance. Oh, and we always have plenty to eat and he never has to worry when it comes time to put gas in the car. He does know where the budget book is and I have the budget done for 6 mos. in advance but he might have some trouble because we don't get paper bills and he doesn't know where to go to pay the bills. I should probably putt that info. in the notebook now that I am thinking about it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Oh and while I tell him how much his pay stub as soon as it arrives in the mail was (a few days before the money is direct deposited) for he forgets how much it was before he even gets home from work that day (I tell him while he's at work). He is REALLY clueless, seriously.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Same here I do everything. Hell I even cash DH's check for him! lol He never ever knows how much money we have or what bills are paid. It's kinda annoying but I just tell mysekf if HE were in charge of the money all we'd own is electronics and video games. We'd be homeless bums but at least we'd up to date homeless bums. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Me!, Hubby is worse than a shoppaholic when it comes to a budget.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:41 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Dh said as long as there's food in the fridge and the TV works, he doesn't care what I do with the money. I've tried to get him interested but he has this glassy look in his eyes when I go over our quarterly budget.... I think he's daydreaming about Nascar or something..
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:49 AM on Feb. 15, 2010