Do I have a right to be mad?

My sister in law ( husbands brothers wife) just had a baby in december and I just found out I am pregnant with my 3rd ( a little over a month)

When she was pregnant I gave her pretty much everything that I had saved because I didnt think we would have anymore... the only thing new that she got was the bedding, a few outfits, and a carseat ( we gave her another, so they would have one for each vehicle) .... anyways I was talking to her the other day and I was like do you think when **her son** has grown out of some outfits and things if she could pass them back to me...because even though we are buying some new things, I dont really want to spend sooo much money on everything that her son will already be outgrown ( he is a big baby and size 3months is already getting small on him) ... she told me no she is going to sell them at a consignment shop !... *continued*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Honestly, she doesnt NEED the money as to where she nees to sell them or else the baby wont have anything ( BIL has a really great job -- him and DH work together) ....but its just the fact that I ont know I --I know I gave them to her, but she cant even give me back a few of the things ????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• i would be pissed but some of those shops do let you trade for store credit so maybe she is trading and getting credit so she can get her child bigger clothes
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:22 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Wow, how selfish. Yes, you have every right to be mad. However you have to forgive people and we can't make them do what we want or would do. And you do have to consider the fact that when you give people things its now their to do with what they will. That's horrible though. I got a lots of things for my baby and I bought stuff too. I feel bad considering selling any of it because there are so many people who need help in the world. And I feel like its wrong to go an sell stuff people donated to me when I was in need. I was thinking of sending all her stuff to Haiti even. Don't worry you will be taken care of. Pray about it. I am sure people will give you more then you need.
    AllisaMyJoy

Answer by AllisaMyJoy at 12:24 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• thanks...yeah I know its "hers" now...but it just makes me mad because one of my friends wanted the stuff because she basically had nothing ( i did give her some) ...and my SIL basically has alot of money, but she made me feel bad and I gave them to her... I am basically mad and wish i didnt even give it to her in the first place
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• It was very unconsiderate (??spelling) of her to not be willing to help you. However, I think you should forget about the clothes and focus about your future baby. There is tons of decent baby clothes in garage sales and second hand stores, you could save some money that way. I understand why you are upset, but do not sweat the small stuff. Remember, what are we taking to heaven when we died?, not one piece of clothes ... just memories. You did a good deed to her and that is all it matters.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Wow..what a selfish b____!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Feb. 15, 2010