How to remove gum from clothes that have been in the drying machine?

I did not notice I had gum in one of my pants (Kids courtesy) and I put that pants in the dryer. I try to freeze it, but could not scrape much. I try boiling water and it did not dissolve. My mom tells me that gas will work but I do not like the smell, besides it will ruin the fabric. Anyone had another trick?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Step 1Harden the gum by rubbing it with a cube of ice. You could also put the clothing item in the freezer for a few hours until it hardens. If you're in a hurry the ice cube will work quicker.

Step 2Scrape off what you can with a dull-bladed butter knife or another metal object without sharp edges that will rip through the fabric.

Step 3Rub the area with a pre-treatment enzyme product or liquid laundry detergent. Some claim WD-40 or cooking oil does wonders if you rub it on the chewing gum. If you go that route make sure you wash the clothing item right away after to avoid stains.

Step 4Launder as usual.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_7309_remove-gum-clothing.html

I realize they say use ice and you already did but i am still googling lol

try this google search link http://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+remove+gum+from+clothing&rlz=1I7DNUS_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:30 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• LOL Ya right~! You might be able to remove it, but it will leave a spot/stain :( Not worth the effort.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Thanks guys for your answers. It was my favorite pants ...sniff :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• That truly sucks~! :( Gum does leave a sort of oil stain or residue though so I think all your efforts to get it out might be in vain..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• They sell gum remover at Wal-mart, Target, etc. It is made especially for this reason and it isn't too expensive $3-$5. It is usually with the cleaners/ laundry soap.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 1:30 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I had gum on the carpet and I used hand cleaner to get it out. Kinda like Gojo. I know it wasn't in the dryer - I don't know if that will make a difference or not - but you could try it. Put the hand cleaner on it and kind of rub it with a damp cloth. Good luck!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 1:36 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• SOl U Mel via Melaleuca. It works! http://www.saferforyourhome.com/sol-u-mel.htm See your favorite Melaleuca rep for details.  (or see me)  It is like liquid gold. Every home should have a bottle.

doing laundry

SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 3:21 AM on Feb. 16, 2010